Review of KMGs Guitar Binding Channel Routing System

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
mikewaz

Review of KMGs Guitar Binding Channel Routing System

Post by mikewaz »

Hey all - Just wanted to do a quick review of KMGs Guitar Binding Channel Routing System. I recently bought it and used it this past weekend for the first time. Prior to this, I used StewMac's Precision Router Base and Edge Guide.

Here's what I love about it:

Quality results - Following Ken's instructions, I got perfect channels. When routing the back channels near the neck I found that it took a little extra effort or focus, but the results were great.

Peace of mind - Ken's system is pretty fool proof. As long you've set the depth and height and tested on scrap -- there's really no way to screw things up.

Simplicity - Ken's system is very straightforward. It almost seems too simple. But I think this is one of it's strongest points. Because it's simple I can feel confident and enjoy the process.

Value - I feel like the price is reasonable and workmanship solid.

If I were making dozens of guitar a year, I'd want to be sure I could purchase replacement shuttles. The foam might wear over time. (I don't work as clean as I should!) But since I don't plan on doing more than a dozen guitars a year, I think it'll be fine.