My Binding Jig

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
PCWOOD

My Binding Jig

Post by PCWOOD »

Hi,,while I'm still in my recovery time and doing some physio, I'm making some jigs ..so I'm making a Binding jig for my laminate trimmer. I don't know how to put up pics so I'll just let you know how things are going...since I live in New Zealand there are no places here to get most materials for building acoustic guitars. so I went looking around looking for the items I needed to make the binding jig. I drove down to the local aluminium firm that makes ladders and all sorts throughout New Zealand and I got everything I needed..YUS!!.. (after ringing everywhere in New Zealand, and everyone saying , no we don't have anything like that) these guys had something similar that I needed. they said I could go and look in there off-cuts pile and take what I needed. So I got one 700mm of 30mmx30mm aluminium T-Slot solid fence post inner, one 200mm 40mmx40mm aluminium outer section for the inner post, one 150mm 100mmx75mm aluminium off angle, one 150mmx100mmx10mm aluminium base plate. and one of the guys there welded the angle to the 200mm outer section that slides up and down, just so I didn't have to try and drill and screw it together plus he put a screw thread into the bottom of the T-Slot so I could screw it to the base plate...so I came away from there with the jig nearly done..I just have a bit to do for making the hole for the router trimmer plus making a cantilever for it and making a jig for holding the guitar.
Anyway I'll put photos up when someone can tell me how haha.

Thanks.
James Pakai
Pakai Creative Wood
Furniture Restoration

Re: My Binding Jig

Post by   »

How to post your photos:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=270