Upgrade to my Blue Creek Guitars Fleishman binding machine.

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
johnnparchem

Upgrade to my Blue Creek Guitars Fleishman binding machine.

Post by johnnparchem »

While at the GAL I checked out a self aligning binding cutter at the Luthier Tool Company table that mounted right onto my Fleishman binding machine. For me it is the best of all worlds with dial-able height (the router base) and depth (the binding cutter). The tool mounts in the standard mounting hole for router template guides. With this tool I can use a 1/4 spiral down cut bit to cut the binding channels. It can be used with either the Fleishman or the tower binding machines.

I have not used it yet but you will see the use in my build blogs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben-Had

Re: Upgrade to my Blue Creek Guitars Fleishman binding machi

Post by Ben-Had »

May I ask how much?
Tim Benware
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Ben-Had wrote:May I ask how much?
It is pricey, I would hate leave a price but it would be about double the cost of a complete bearing\router bit binding set.
KLW

Post by KLW »

johnnparchem wrote:While at the GAL I checked out a self aligning binding cutter at the Luthier Tool Company table that mounted right onto my Fleishman binding machine. For me it is the best of all worlds with dial-able height (the router base) and depth (the binding cutter). The tool mounts in the standard mounting hole for router template guides. With this tool I can use a 1/4 spiral down cut bit to cut the binding channels. It can be used with either the Fleishman or the tower binding machines.

I have not used it yet but you will see the use in my build blogs.
John I think a few people got seduced my Luthier Tool Company at GAL.. I've got a whole set of their head stock slotting & drilling stuff.. I would have got binding cutter but it will not fit on the LMI rig I have but when time allows I'm going to look at trying to make it work it is certainly the best of both worlds..

Yes pricey but their stuff is high quality hand made ..

Kerry