New Kerfing Jig

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Ben-Had

New Kerfing Jig

Post by Ben-Had »

Made this jig yesterday and cut the kerfing for my J-40 conversion. The sled locks into place for positioning the kerf depth with one of the miter bars I got from Rockler. The rubber band repositions the indexing pin used to keep the kerf width consistent. I am planning a slight modification with it now that I've used it once.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Benware

Re: New Kerfing Jig

Post by   »

One more photo please? Of the lining situated in the jig prior to kerfing?
Or a 10 second smartphone video of cutting the kerfs into the lining?
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

This is the modification I plan to help secure the kerfing blank and the blank positioning..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Benware
Tom West

Post by Tom West »

Tim: Love the detent return..............!!! Looks like it works like a charm. Congrats.
Tom
" A person who has never made a mistake has never made anything "
Tom West

Post by Tom West »

This is the one I've been using, the detent return on this one is a ball point pen spring in the hole with the detent. The detent has a slot that runs on two finish nails you can see on the side. Works amazing well if only one kerf at a time. I'm not in much of a hurry. Shown with a blade that could use a few more teeth per inch.
Tom
" A person who has never made a mistake has never made anything "
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Tom West wrote:Image
This is the one I've been using, the detent return on this one is a ball point pen spring in the hole with the detent. The detent has a slot that runs on two finish nails you can see on the side. Works amazing well if only one kerf at a time. I'm not in much of a hurry. Shown with a blade that could use a few more teeth per inch.
Tom
Yes, I like it, especially the pins. I see some mods coming. My pic showed mine with my resaw blade, so I know what you mean.
Tim Benware
Tarhead

Post by Tarhead »

Great ideas Tim and Tom!