Tool buying

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
dylankutz

Tool buying

Post by dylankutz »

Hi guys!

I finally bought my first kit recently and am waiting for it to ship over. I need to buy all the basic tools in the meantime. And I really mean ALL. My brother took away all the tools we had when he moved out.
Anyway, I was wondering if you guys know which is the best online store to get everything. would prefer to not have to buy from different places.

Please let me know. Thanks!
justrfb

Re: Tool buying

Post by justrfb »

Hello.
The easy and quick answer is Stew Mac... It is a very good, one stop shopping, internet site with everything needed... The caveat... EXPENSIVE! There are a lot of great people who are builders here and they may have better information. Good luck...

Sincerely,
Rich
dylankutz

Post by dylankutz »

justrfb wrote:Hello.
The easy and quick answer is Stew Mac... It is a very good, one stop shopping, internet site with everything needed... The caveat... EXPENSIVE! There are a lot of great people who are builders here and they may have better information. Good luck...

Sincerely,
Rich
Thanks Rich! I did check out Stew Mac and it is pretty expensive. Thus I'm still looking out for better options out there.
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

There is LMI http://www.lmii.com

For non-specialized tools and supplies of every description, McMaster-Carr is mind-bending. They are an industrial supplier and have an astounding assortment of stuff. Service is quick, shipping is reasonable though not determined until after you place an order. I've never found the shipping to be unexpectedly high. http://www.mcmaster.com
Their prices are no bargain, but they are good to deal with. (Usual disclaimers)
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion

Post by   »

dylankutz wrote:
justrfb wrote:Hello.

Sincerely,
Rich
Thanks Rich! I did check out Stew Mac and it is pretty expensive. Thus I'm still looking out for better options out there.
Since you're on a Forum owned by John Hall you should have a look at his website. He's that tippie53 guy who gives out all that FREE advice.
Take a look on the left edge of this page for our advertisers and supporters. The Blues Creek Guitar box ad will lead you to John's online shop.
Or you can click here: http://www.bluescreekguitars.com/shop/