Lighting

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
hummingbird

Lighting

Post by hummingbird »

The lighting in my workshop is bad. I have a double florescent type fixture. My shop is very small but the lighting is too dim. I have one of those 500W halogen worklights which I use for extra lighting but it gets very hot and I've burned myself on it more than once. Also It heats up the shop and I have to be careful around wood and guitars. I've got to do something. Anybody have any suggestions as to the best type of lighting?
Alain
Tarhead

Re: Lighting

Post by Tarhead »

If you're in a Garage with overhead door opener you can do this:

A friend who gave me this idea has installed a few 6 bulb fixtures (like above the Bathroom mirror) in strategic spots on his shop/attached garage ceiling and installed "y" sockets with double 100 watt CFLs. His 6 bulb fixtures put out the equivalent of 12, 100 watt incandescent bulbs. More light, less current draw, less heat and no worries about overloading the wiring. The only down side is they take a few minutes to reach full output in cold temps.
hummingbird

Re: Lighting

Post by hummingbird »

Interesting Tarhead. I'm not in a garage. It's actually a furnace room. However, I could probably rig up something like that. Thanks.
Alain