A recipe for bending sides!

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
johnnparchem

Re: A recipe for bending sides!

Post by johnnparchem »

Cool. I wonder if the 200 watt bulbs probably got so hot the filiments burned out or the internal solder joints melted. 300 in seven minutes is really fast. I am really glad this is working out.
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

I have two 300 watt bulbs int he bouts, and a 150 watt bulb at the waist. I think there is 3" of space above the bulbs, maybe less than 2 at the waist. I am still using the original bulbs 4 years later, and they usually are on full blast. Maybe yours are really high up in the heat zone? I don't really know how hot I get....I was using an infrared thermometer from HF, but it quits at 200 F. I haven't installed the grill thermo yet.
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

I am thinking a bad batch of bulbs. They all are the same brand, came from the same store and same tray on the shelf. The 150 are also the same brand, etc. These are clear bulbs. So far the 150's did not burn out, but all of the 200's did. The bulbs are about 3 inches from the top of the form at the upper bout, and then a bit more under the lower bout.
I won't be bending more sides for awhile, so I will have to see what happens to the bulbs next time.
Two 150 and one 70 gave me a pretty quick heat up and maintained the heat, so I'll use it that way next time again.

Kevin