Fox Bridge Clamps

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
wildbill

Fox Bridge Clamps

Post by wildbill »

Howdy everyone, Looking for your opinion and advice on the Fox Bridge Clamps. I was thinking of getting one, but was wondering if it would apply enough pressure to get a good glue bond.

Thanks
Bill
tippie53

Re: Fox Bridge Clamps

Post by tippie53 »

there are plenty strong.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Wild Bill...
Check out Ken Cierp's SS Bridge clamp. I have one and its great. There are no clamps in the way to hamper your efforts to clean up glue squeeze out. Works like a charm. I know other guys here have it as well and probably feel just as I do about it.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Bill,
I have this clamp and it works great; done 3 guitars with it so far.
It makes it easy compared to using cauls and clamps, and it tightens down with plenty of pressure. I highly recommend it, you can get it from LMI.

Kevin
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

Thanks for the post and great advice everyone. Looks like that style of bridge clamp is the way to go.

I have a simple mind, so I like simple things.. :-)
naccoachbob

Post by naccoachbob »

Bill, as Tony said, Ken Cierp's bridge clamp is perfect for me too. I use his bridge setter and bridge clamp. The bridge clamp has 2 holes, which match holes for both E strings, and, if I remember right, 2 very small holes thru the saddle slot. With these, the bridge is indexed into it's proper location. Just run some bolts thru the bridge and tighten up as needed. Wipe glue all around the sides of the bridge, and voila!
It's simple, easy, inexpensive.
I will use it on all my builds.
Bob
klooker

Post by klooker »

I would like to cast a 3rd vote for Ken's jig - which works identical to the Fox steel string clamp.

I got Ken's bridge setting jig & clamp combo. Both work great.

Kevin Looker
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

Thanks for all of the great advice everyone. I placed an order for a Fox bridge clamp today, I was going to order one Ken Cierp's but he only sells it as a kit with the setting jig, and I already have that covered, just needed the clamp.

Looking forward to trying the clamp out, will let you know how it comes out.

Thanks again
Bill