Jig quiz

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
JRHall

Jig quiz

Post by JRHall »

After following a discussion in another thread, I realized the need for the following jig. See if you can guess what it's for.

More pictures will follow.

Jim Hall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you can't do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
darren

Re: Jig quiz

Post by darren »

The cross bar (on the right in the picture) is placed at the bridge location on the rims. Grab the handle (pointing down on the left) and sand the correct angle into the upper bout from the soundhole to the neck block.

I could be way off - just a guess :) lets see it in action...
Last edited by darren on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darren
darren

Post by darren »

It could also be a 'rubberband crossbow' like I made for my 6 year-old the other week...

I don't remember a crossbow thread around here for some time though. :)
Darren
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

It's a push stick to keep your hands clear of the spinning point things in the tool it is sitting on.
JRHall

Post by JRHall »

OK, time for a hint.

It was a response to the HD28 thread.

:)

Jim
JRHall

Post by JRHall »

Tony_in_NYC wrote:It's a push stick to keep your hands clear of the spinning point things in the tool it is sitting on.
Whenever I use any power tool I remember this exchange from THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY:

[Construction Supervisor] Mr. Dent, have you any idea how much damage this bulldozer would suffer if I were to let it run straight over you?

[Arthur Dent] How much?

[Construction Supervisor] None at all!

And that's exactly how much damage would happen to my Unisaw if I let my danglie parts get too close.

Jim
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

First, you work in the nude? Eww.
Second, the Hitch Hikers guide is the best 4 part trilogy I have ever read. Period.
David L

Post by David L »

I know, I know, I actually own one of these, find it quite useful, it's called a skeetar launcher! It is used when I build a real crappy guitar, it's real similar to a skeet launcher, but instead of skeets being launched into the air and subsequently being blown into a million pieces, the crappy guitar is loaded up and well, need I say more? This one is, however, much smaller than the model that I have, I'm guessing that it is more of a uke model, hand held. In addition to being larger, mine came stock with a heavy duty launching spring and a tri-pod, but for the life of me I can't figure out what use Jim Hall would have for one of these contraptions!

David L

I'm editing in this disclaimer: This post is meant to be rediculous and possibly funny, since I'm realizing that Jim referenced the HD-28 thread in his hint which I believe is from Rick S, I'm not insinuating that Rick (or anyone else but me) is building a crappy guitar, and would have a use for this imaginary tool, Just wanted to clear that up, sometimes my mouth overloads my a..
Last edited by David L on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kencierp

Post by kencierp »

1.3/1.5 degree neck block slope checker -- stretcher lays across the rim at the sound hole edge or waist curve "L" against the rim at the neck.
JRHall

Post by JRHall »

kencierp wrote:1.3/1.5 degree neck block slope checker -- stretcher lays across the rim at the sound hole edge or waist curve "L" against the rim at the neck.
BINGO!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.