Shoe off your shops

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Shoe off your shops

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

As soon as I can figure out how to get the shoe off my shop, I'll post some pictures too. Probably tonight. You will be so impressed.
:>)
Kevin
enalnitram

Post by enalnitram »

mine is a mess too. but here goes anyway. the power tools are out in the geerodge.

to the left of the door is the go bar deck. and there is a track that runs along each wall up near the ceiling where I have an electric train that goes around. on the wall that isn't pictured there is a 12'x6' pine shelf.

Last edited by enalnitram on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

tippie53 wrote:it is hard to type with a white cane and a black dog

Somebody always has to bring race into things. Look...I am part Sicilian. I am aware of the Moorish invasions and subsequent raping of my ancestors. Certain parts of my anatomy, particularly below my waist, are thankful.

Too much info?

Martin, do you find the electric train to be helpful in lutherie? I do not have one, but I will get one if it does.

I envy you people who have real shops. Ya'll are lucky.
enalnitram

Post by enalnitram »

Tony_in_NYC wrote:
Martin, do you find the electric train to be helpful in lutherie? I do not have one, but I will get one if it does.
the former owner of the house was an electrician and he left it here, along with the motor, track, etc. but he took his trains. i just have an engine, a coach car and a caboose. it makes me seem cool to visitors. it's all about image.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Image is everything as they say. You totally want to seem cool to visitors. I think I need an elevated train track. I need to up my coolness.
Kevin Sjostrand

Okay, with much effort I finally got the shoe off my shop, so now I can post some pictures.
Prepare yourselves to be really impressed.........not!
This shop space is one half of my two car garage. My wife still wants her car parked inside.
Enjoy. I'll add 3 more pics in the next post.

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kevin Sjostrand on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Sjostrand

and more.........

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Kevin, do you do ceramics in your oven? You managed to get more stuff in your half bay than I did.
David L

Post by David L »

Your wife still wants her car parked in the garage? What nerve! Appearently she doesn't understand how important lutherie-ism-ness is! WOMEN!!! Your half of the shop looks great, I like the hinged door-fold-away-bench-thingie, that's pretty cool.

David L
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

Mine has changed a bit over the years, but I since I no longer need a home office, I use it for building in the winter:
P1010067.JPG
The other part of the "L" was the original guitar area....bench seat to sit and play, guitars hanging on the wall. The bench seats have lattice accross the front, with black cloth behind...and a 150 Watt and 30 Watt pre-wired guitar amp. Cable comes throug a small hole in back, seats are hinge for easy access. I blew three lightbulbs at once with a big ole D chord at half volume. Had to explain that to my wife afterwards when she found the crack in the ceiling I missed.
P1010068.JPG
Here's the speaker before I put it in the cabinet, when the wall was blue.
P1170007.JPG
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan