Guitar Template and Other

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
kencierp

Re: Guitar Template and Other

Post by kencierp »

In addition to our popular Gibson or Martin and assorted 7 stencil packages (7 for about $100) and our Mega Pack 12 stencil set --- KMG will soon have all our selections available seperately for $22 each - we are changing our labels to include brace dimension data as well as back brace locations, scale lengths etc. They are very durable, not see through, but in 40 years for us that's simply never been important for a quality build. These are the same templates we use to mark our kits -- takes less then two minutes, no connecting the dots.
ColestineGuitar

Post by ColestineGuitar »

A Late "Thank You" to those of you who took the time to explain the wonders of templates to me. I must have turned off email notification!

Dave L, regarding your question (whatcha building?) My brother and I have decided to start with OM's, and bought the plans from Stewmac. We have collected up our wood: Tops came from a wonderful family business in Klamath Falls, Cook Woods. The billets were split out in 1967! We bought ebony and neck blanks there, too.

I had to import spruce for bracing from Colonial hardwoods in Virginia.

Backs and sides are resawn from brother's stash of black walnut--way nicer than I expected. I happen to have a picture (fumbles with digital wallet):

I don't wish to hijack this thread, but after all, you did ask (wink). I don't think that image posted... so I'll figger out how to do it and post in a new thread. Thanks again, all.
Slowest builder on the forum. These things take time. Apparently.
jstream

Post by jstream »

I've been looking at your site, an really like the potential of your templates. But what gives me pause is that I can't really see them. Just a general, "it's similar to" description. That makes me want to look for something else. I fully appreciate the work involved in making them, and love that you're making them available to all. I just want to see them first. And if I may add an idea, how about radius templates. I dont have space to lay out anything bigger than 8'
Kevin Waldron

Post by Kevin Waldron »

Thanks so much for looking at our site. We apology for not having more information. We are in the process of updating/new website. Many of our templates are now up on eBay with photographs and a little cheaper than our site offers for a limited time.

Ask anyone that has our templates........... are look at the eBay feed back............. I think that you will say the same once you have one of our templates ....... others can't compare........ not saying that other templates want get the job done but the information that we offer on the templates and the clarity make them unmistakable different with lots more information and with the ability to see your wood under neath.......... others don't. Most others templates don't offer the accuracy either........ even a cnc doesn't offer the accuracy of a laser. ( we have both )

Contact me direct if there is something you want to see that's not up on the site or eBay and I will be glad to offer photographs........ we now offer over 400 different templates......... not sure others can match this.....

Thanks, and God Bless.

Kevin Waldron

615-969-7695
kevin@waldroninstruments.com
jstream

Post by jstream »

I figured I'd get a straight, solid reply here. Thank you for that. I'll continue to check out your stuff. It looks like the kind of stuff a true beginner like myself would really need.