Almost New Kit

General Information about Building Kit Guitars
dgarrett

Almost New Kit

Post by dgarrett »

Well after many years and a lot of reading I ordered my first kit. It's a Martin-OOO. I got it from Musicians Friend and it was listed as used but in top condition with no problems. The price was right so I went for it, now to find out if it's really a good deal. Can't wait to get started. Will check it out and let you know what it looks like. I have 45 days to decide if it's worth keeping and working on. I am excited to get started. I was ready to build my first guitar about three years ago but backed out. Then I tore up an old folk guitar and rebuilt that to get some experience with working on a guitar. So now I'm going to get back into it. Hope I can get lots of help from this forum.
David L

Re: Almost New Kit

Post by David L »

Well dgarrett, I would like to welcome you to the forum, as I was. I can tell you that I needed and still need lots of help and so far this forum has not let me down. Just remember, nobody can help you if you don't ask. Also what has helped me is to read over all the threads in this forum including the archives. I've read them all at least once, and some of them several times, I'm a bit slow so don't type too fast. I'm not sure I understand what a "used" kit is but hopefully you'll let us know as you get into this. Keep posting and I'm sure everyone else will tell you "we like pictures".

David L
Ken Hundley

Re: Almost New Kit

Post by Ken Hundley »

Welcome, and good luck! Tell us a bit more about what you bought?
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan