Beginner Kits

General Information about Building Kit Guitars
Cory G

Beginner Kits

Post by Cory G »

Hello, I just joined this site after having read some interesting and helpful posts. I've been wanting to build a custom guitar for quite awhile now and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good acoustic guitar kit to start with? I currently live in an apartment so power tools are not really an option. My budget is around $350 to $400 for the kit. I don't have much wood working experience but I'm pretty good at building stuff. So, if you guys have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks!

Re: Beginner Kits

Post by   »

Best price + best quality + best after-sale support = Blues Creek Guitar.
Click on the Blues Creek ad to the left of this screen or give a phone call.
Blues Creek is owned by John Hall, who also owns this forum.
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com/

-tommy
Cory G

Post by Cory G »

Thanks Tommy, I'll shop through them a bit.
Cory G

Post by Cory G »

Thanks, it looks like he has some nice kits. I might have to spring the extra cash for a rosewood kit, they're really nice looking. Are they pretty easy to put together? Also, how is the finished sound quality? Anyone built one of these before?
watergunn

Post by watergunn »

Definitely start with Blues Creek. I am starting number 14 now. He, "John Hall", provides the best materials as well as the knowledge needed. I still contact him regarding issues that pop up from time to time.

Go to YouTube and check out his building tutorials.

Also, buy Bill Cory's book on building kit guitars. Read it cover to cover a few times before you begin just to get the steps into perspective.

I still refer to it.

Good luck and have fun!

RG