Any places offer choices on body & neck woods?

General Information about Building Kit Guitars
KidCharlemangler

Any places offer choices on body & neck woods?

Post by KidCharlemangler »

Hi, I've played for 45 years (terribly), and just retired from doing woodwork for 40 years (much better than guitar playing). Been poking around for a first kit. Would like to "hold out" for something that I'd be really happy with. I'm kinda partial to a mahogany (or similar) body tonewood, and VERY partial to a maple (or ebony) fretboard. Does anybody know of a company that would let me "mix and match" like that?
Darryl Young

Re: Any places offer choices on body & neck woods?

Post by Darryl Young »

John Hall (Blues Creek Guitars) can make you a custom kit that fits your needs (within reason). John owns this site so is easy to contact here. His name on this site is:

tippie53

I highly recommend him for a number of reasons......not the least of which is help with building the guitar if this is your first. It sounds like you want to make a nice one the first time and even with a lot of wood working experience, you'll find a lot of things that can be handled multiple ways or wonder how the best way to repair something silly you've done and it sure is nice to have John to call. I've called him 2 or 3 times myself!
Slacker......