Martin 000 Kit Plans... anyone?

General Information about Building Kit Guitars
Mark Oates

Martin 000 Kit Plans... anyone?

Post by Mark Oates »

My father and I are starting to build a 000 kit from Martin 24.9 scale length. Our issue is that we dont have the detailed plans for the guitar. We have emailed them, but as of yet no word. Kinda sad since what we saw showed the detailed plans. If someone has these plans I'd sure appreciate a pdf version. Sure make the process feel a little more sure. Thanks
tippie53

Re: Martin 000 Kit Plans... anyone?

Post by tippie53 »

I have been selling Martin kits a long time. While they do have one available for the Dred a 000/OM is not available. What detail are you looking for. I am very familiar with Martins and I am a Martin repair center. I think I can get you any info you need.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Mark Oates

Post by Mark Oates »

Thanks John for hitting me back. I am particularly interested in the neck length / scale length / bridge measurements at this point. As you know the martin kits have a LOT of the thinking and real work done. They obviously want you to get a finished guitar that plays well, but if you buying it to learn... the plans come in handy in seeing how the plans are realized into a real guitar. We are currently reading the Cumpiano & Nelson book on building, and the book does a great job of explaining how to draw out the various dimentions such as scale length / frets / bridge and such. It would just be very educational to be able to take what I am learning in the book, as well as the parts included in the kit and compare it to the plans.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

Hi Mark
call me , my contact info is on my website at blues creek or email me I can send it to you
We will get you the info
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com