Let us know what you think about the new changes.

General Information about Building Kit Guitars
tippie53

Let us know what you think about the new changes.

Post by tippie53 »

The changes are in and while we do have a few bugs to finish up , Sean did an excellent job , we need to know what you like and don't like. We want this to be user friendly and have information that is usable for you . There are some things you can change , like the screen colors and you can change to your liking in the User Control Panel on the upper right of the screen.
Again thanks for all your support. While I know we can't please everyone , we want to try. I want to thank the sponsers and partners of KGF for the patience and look forward to some great times ahead.

RC Tonewoods
Bob Cefalu

Walrdon guitars
Kevin Waldron

KMG
Ken Ceip
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
JJDonohue

Re: Let us know what you think about the new changes.

Post by JJDonohue »

Looks like a familiar format and appears to have been seamlessly executed. Kudos to Sean!
lnjguitars

Post by lnjguitars »

I like the new bbs software but the new brown-on-brown theme is extremely difficult to read imo.

Brad
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

I think the changes are both good and bad. Bill had quite a unique look to the forum he began, which I have really grown to appreciate, and rather miss. At the same time, there is a lot of improvement in functionality with this new site. Hats off to all that worked so hard during the transition....its never fun, and you guys did a good job. One thing I would really love to see is the ability to use a screen name other than your login. I don't know who half of you are anymore....I miss my guys!
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

If you don't like the color format you can change what you see on your screen. On the upper right of the screen is a user control panel , go into that and you can select your own settings that you prefer .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Ken,
I just put my name in for the user name, and you guys still know it is me!!

:D

Kevin
Dan Bombliss

Post by Dan Bombliss »

I must admit, I do like this new forum setup, but am still getting used to it. Plenty of pro's to it, connects people a little better and easier. Not to mention some of the options like "View unread posts" "View new posts", those make this easier than sifting through all of the posts to see what's new.

I don't think it's really possible with this forum setup, but the biggest thing I miss about Bill's original site, is the single page format. In all forums I've been on, changing pages is a hassle in a way, and for me personally, it tends to have me over look posts. With Bills original site, it was just reading posts continuous straight down. Not to mention I could read everything on my blackberry easily, haven't tried with this site yet, but I don't think it would work as smooth if at all.

Anyhow, overall it seems very user friendly, you guys did a good job,
-Dan
Woody OKeefe

Post by Woody OKeefe »

I too am having trouble viewing the brown on brown panels. I went to user control but do not see theme or color change.

Woody
seanbig

Post by seanbig »

Woody,

Here are instructions how to change your style. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=292

You can also try pressing CTRL + R to refresh the page, I lightened the brown a bit and your browser might be caching the darker colours.

Sean
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net
Bigger Room Productions - Web Design for any size project.

When You're Workin' on Somethin' Good
You're Gonna Need a Bigger Room
lnjguitars

Post by lnjguitars »

The keep-me-logged-in feature seems to be broken for me (I'm running Chrome 5.0 beta). Anyone else seeing this?