General Information about Building Kit Guitars
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: All Things Are new ...

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Here here!!!!!!! Well said Ray.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Wow, big THANK YOU to all of you guys who posted ... this forum was one of the few things I've done in life that really worked (and I'm hoping for a few more). It accomplished its goals and continues to accomplish them under John's and Sean's leadership and expertise. It will go farther than I could have taken it!

I'm working on the Phoenix 000 project ... I'll start a new thread with that specific project. In the meantime -- may, many thanks for all your kind words -- they fil my heart.

Thanks John for posting my book link!

My best to all -- HAPPY BUILDING!

Bill :)
(Hey, I sorta look forward to all these bells and whistles ...)
Bill Cory
-------
Kit Guitar Forum Founder
See http://www.KitGuitarBuilder.com for more kit info
Building instructions for kits available at
http://www.KitGuitarManuals.com
Answers/views at The Kit Guitar Blog
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis »

This may be my first post on Kit Guitars forum, but I've been following this forum for a couple of years, now. In fact, looking at some of these threads, I may have stumbled on to it very soon after its inception.

I'd been thinking of building a guitar for four or five years, now. I bought Cumpiano's book as well as Kinkaid's book and a few others, and read them cover to cover. I only recently moved to a new home where I have room to actually complete a project, and so a couple of months ago, I ordered a kit from LMI.

I want to echo the sentiments I'm reading, here. I've been on three other guitar forums where building is discussed, but this is the one that gave me the confidence that I could actually do this. I'm all thumbs when it comes to any kind of woodworking project. But, I've read so many threads that have the phrase "If I can do it, anyone can build a guitar....", so I decided to make the plunge.

As mine progresses along, I'll create a thread on the build. However, I wanted to jump in here and thank Bill for this forum and for opening up a whole new world to those of us who would never have tried building a guitar before. I also want to thank John (who has helped me out on this build already) and the others who are keeping the forum going, and those who are sponsoring the forum.

I'm not sure yet whether I like the look of the new forum, or not. For me, it's probably more a matter of getting used to navigating it with the changes. However, I'm certainly glad to see that it's going to continue and not die. Good job to all.

... And while I'm passing out "Thank You's" I should also thank all the posters who have taken the plunge for the first time. Without them, I'd also probably not have the confidence to build my own.
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

All things grow, evolve, change, and progress over time. I do agree that a lot of our sentiments about the new forum may simply require getting used to it. At the same time, I too will echo the comments that most of us would not be where we are today without Bill's extraordinary expenditure of time, money, energy, and passion. I started building before I encountered Bill Cory, but highly doubt I would have continued on the scale I have had Bill not started the Kit Guitar Forum. Though I have not put nearly the time this year that I have in the past into this hobby, it continues to consume an inordinate and almost purely pleasurable amount of my actual free time and thoughts. Well done, and thank you.
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan