Newbie Just Saying Hi

General Information about Building Kit Guitars
DanC

Newbie Just Saying Hi

Post by DanC »

Hi all, nice to see the forums still around. Was a member on the old one, but wasn't very active. After 4 yrs of stalling about building a kit, I think its about time to jump in. Getting ready to retire in Dec so will be able to devote full time to it. Trying to gradually get my tools together a little at a time so I don't break the bank. Anyway, nice to see that the forum is just as friendly and helpful as always. (and thanks ahead of time for the helping with the "million" questions I'll have! lol)
Tony_in_NYC

Re: Newbie Just Saying Hi

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Welcome back DanC! What are you thinking about building?
convict27

Post by convict27 »

Dan, It must be in the water because it took me 4 years to getting around to building another one. Welcome back!
Blaine Conrey
DanC

Post by DanC »

Thanks for the welcome. I was thinking bout the Stewmac 000 but the more I read the forum, I think going with a kit from John or Ken is the way to go.
David L

Post by David L »

Welcome, I'm a relative newbie myself and my millions of questions have been answered. I don't think I would be able to build a guitar without the fine folks of this forum from John and Ken Cierp, RD, Herman, Dave B, Kevin S, Tony maroni, anyone else named Ken, and lots of others that I have failed to mention (not to lack of importance). Oh yeah, whatca buildin', post often and most of all "we like pictures"!!!!!!!!!!

David L
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Yep, a warm welcome to you and we ARE a visually-oriented bunch, for sure, so if you have a camera don't be shy.
Speaking of which, in the 'anything else' part of the forum, the thread 'post your pic' is a place for you to....well, post your pic...of you, your family, and if you have a cat or two.....
David L

Post by David L »

Yes, we like our cats around here, dogs, not so much!

David L
Rick S

Post by Rick S »

Greetings from Oklahoma. I just received my first kit (HD28) from John last week. It didn't take me four years to get a kit, but at the rate I'm going, it may take me four years before I use my high tech gluing device (my fingers) to apply any glue.

If you haven't done so, do a youtube search on "Blues Creek Guitars" and "Tips du jour", there are some great videos on various build topics. John Hall and Robbie O'Brien make it look so easy (it's not). I've also started to read the "Blogging Fatso" topic on this forum and I think there might be a lot of useful infromation there as well.

Welcome to the board and good luck!
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hi Dan, nice to have you join up!
We all learn from the forum so I imagine you will be teaching us something along the way too!
We will look forward to following your exploits.

Kevin
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

Hey Dan, welcome back! get movin and get postin!
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan