Another new guy

General Information about Building Kit Guitars
MuddyFox

Another new guy

Post by MuddyFox »

Greetings to all!

A long-time lurker, first post. Some of the forum sponsors have already had a (perhaps somewhat dubious) pleasure of my inquiries, and if I ever do get my hands on a guitar kit I suspect you all will too. :roll:

I have no reservations asking questions of any sort because it has been proven on countless occasions that it's better to be safe than sorry, measure thrice cut once and all that jazz. So I WILL ask, even to the point of triteness.

Most of my guitar building issues come from the fact that I'm living in Yurp and have limited access to tools and materials US based builders talk of, and the local luthiers are, well, let's just say less than forthcoming. So if there are other builders closer to my neck of woods, I'd love to hear from you.

That's quite enough for a first post, I've enjoyed reading these boards and hope to have the pleasure of exchanging ideas with y'all.

Cheers!
David L

Re: Another new guy

Post by David L »

Welcome to the forum, whacha lookin' to build? ask questions, post often with pictures, we like pictures!!!

David L
MuddyFox

Post by MuddyFox »

For my first build I'm looking at some sort of OM/OOO 14 fretter but that can easily change.

My procurement process has hit a few roadblocks but I'm looking to get the situation resolved.

I'm also looking into getting some basic tools and materials and I will shortly be posting in the appropriate subforums.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Welcome to the forum Muddy!
What part of Europe are you in? I think you could get most stuff we get here in the US, but its going to cost you!!
What are you thinking of building?
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Tony_in_NYC wrote:Welcome to the forum Muddy!
What part of Europe are you in? I think you could get most stuff we get here in the US, but its going to cost you!!
What are you thinking of building?
OHHH - Europe. I thought Yurp was that place near Fraggle Rock. Welcome abroad... I mean aboard:)

Tim
Tim Benware
MuddyFox

Post by MuddyFox »

@Tony: I live in Croatia, the nice part of Europe. :)
Like I said, there are a couple of OOO/OM kits out there that I'd love to give a go, but as you rightly pointed out, shipping costs and import duties
are killing me right now. I'm looking into a few possible workarounds, we'll see if any pan out.

@Tim: much appreciated. I hope my guitar building endeavor doesn't end up looking like a Swedish Chef skit. :)