Misadventures in side bending

nkwak

Re: Misadventures in side bending

Post by nkwak »

Thanks, Tony. It's a crap shoot on tone since this is my first but I'm hoping that it makes for a good finger style guitar.

BTW, IIRC he has been doing guitar shoots too. I think he's trying to get out of doing school pictures; guitars can't give you the flu!
~ Neil
nkwak

Post by nkwak »

The going is slow on this one but after a couple of weeks off I got to inspect the sides again in anticipation of installing the kerfing. Long story short: the kerfing didn't go in because the sides are all crooked and the neck block was too short as well. I spent the bulk of the evening drawing datum lines off the top of the neck block and cutting out an extension to the block out of some scrap mahogany. My friend and tutor has been spurring me on but I'm getting really frustrated with these sides.
~ Neil
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Keep plugging away. Anything thats worth doing, is worth doing right. Besides, if building guitars was easy, everyone would be doing it.
nkwak

Post by nkwak »

I dunno, Tony. Part of me wants to either toss the sides and start over since the blocks have already been glued on and both sides split. Another more insane part wants me to finish it so that when it's all done I can do the old EL KABONG! ;o)
~ Neil