Red Padauk Classical

mike789166

Re: Red Padauk Classical

Post by mike789166 »

Thanks for the nice comments, I like Padauk, it is just like rosewood to work. It seems to have an almost metallic sound when I tapped the back so I am hoping for a nice sounding guitar. The rosette is from a company here in Spain, www.madinter.com it cost €20. As I said it was slightly mishaped so getting the channel the correct size was a bit of a problem. I am not sure what to use for binding, I have ordered a couple of strips of tortoiseshell plastic to see what they look like. I believe the wood ages to a brownish colour. Anyone got any good ideas?
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

I really like how flamed maple looks.....

Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Is that a Ken Hundley Padauk auction guitar??
Is it done? How is the Maca coming?

Kevin
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

Yes it is....the owner is so happy with it he won't stop to take pictures of it. Maca has been put on hold....somehow, I snapped the heel off Black Beauty (the zebrawood) and had to make a new neck, along with some other mechanical problems around the house, but it is here, I did sand the rim and am about ready to close the box. I have an old electric I am supposed to be repairing for a guy, but he can't seem to settle on pickups, so that goes to the back of the line. I'll get there, and take pictures too! How's yours? I suppose we should take this back to your maca thread....sorry guys!
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
mike789166

Post by mike789166 »

Going home tomorrow, I work away from home doing week on, week off. I have just had my new router delivered, a Bosch GKF 600. It is the same as the Colt in the U.S. It comes with a roller guide and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using it. I may make a guide based on Mr Cory's great idea. So far I have used a Dremel twice and a Bosch POF 1300ACE table mounted once. I like the look of the 600 and it gets some really good reviews. I tried to laminate some black dyed sycamore to the strips of padauk I was thinking of using for binding. I used titebond but they came off after bending. What is the best glue to use. I was thinking of putting a black line around the sides typically seen in classical guitars and using padauk for the binding. The idea of using a light colour is scary as the dust stains everything.