Back doming gone wrong.

jacoblinnemann

Re: Back doming gone wrong.

Post by jacoblinnemann »

I like the look and size of that style. It is interesting that all of the tone bars as well as the X-brace are inlet into the linings. Are you using the plans from the GAL?
Yeah, i´m really into the Larson guitars. The bracing patterns are somewhat different from the "normal" and the guitars should have a very unique sound. Interesting with the laminated x-braces aswell. Here´s a photo of the soundboard bracing and the rosette. I use the plans fra GAL - yes - it seems very good. I will be inlaying a lot of pearl in the fb and have a abalone trim.
Part of the reason the dome is put in is to allow the back to move with changes in humidity without cracking
Yes, i am aware of that. But I really like the look of a domeshaped back. I will try to fix this in a future build.
That is one of the reasons they are flatter, to allow the lower bout to contribute to the sound of the guitar.
I guess that the flatter braces / loser back, will cause the back to be more responsive. Can´t wait to hear what it sounds like! I have to wait a few month i guess :) He he.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.