Martin 00 Plans

enalnitram

Re: Martin 00 Plans

Post by enalnitram »

http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.y ... opic/90624

Ok, I'll stop for now...you get the idea...lots of great info over there.
northernlake

Post by northernlake »

French luthier Christophe Grellier has a number of free plans in both PDF and CAD available. One of them is his adapted version of a Martin 30s 00.

I'm not an expert so I can't vouch for the correctness of these plans, but he seems to build some really nice guitars. I'm planning on using the plan for my #3, an all mahogany 00.
http://www.grellier.fr/plans.php?lang=en
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Those are nice looking plans. Very detailed. I'm sure one could build (oops) from those.
Does anyone know if you can take that pdf file, which at 100% view looks to be full size, to a place like Kinko's and have it printed up full size?

Kevin
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Don't know about Kinko's, but I worked for Title insurance companies and we blew pdfs up to 18x24"; if you call one of them ask for the chief title officer. If they say okay it might be a good place to drum up a commission or two, as the large printout will be pretty impressive.
Yes I will take 50% of any commissions you may get for this wonderful and amazing tip. :-)
DaveB
darren

Post by darren »

I'm using his L-OO plans. Opened and cropped to the top bracing layout in photoshop, saved as pdf, printed to my printer from acrobat with the 'tiled' setting. Taped the 4 pages together and viola, full-size to-scale bracing. that's all i needed printed, anyway. I double checked printed dimensions and it's right on.

We're supposed to 'read' the dimensions, not measure from the plans, anyway, right? :)

architects usually have a large format printer that should handle it. Kinkos might.
Darren
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

I have the Grellier plans......I think it was Martin that tipped me off to those plans. I wonder why he didn't dimension the X-brace angle? I have a good idea what I want to do. Will try to use the standard Martin outline so it's easy to find a case (and I think it looks nice). Probably get a bending form from John......and maybe a mold too. I would like to do a cutaway since I will use a 12 fret neck.
Slacker......