my wood buy in india

Kevin Sjostrand

my wood buy in india

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

2 back and side sets 6 EIR fretboards 6 ebony fretboards 6 each double length bride blanks in EIR and ebony will make 12 each. The sides for one set are a little more purple then the backs but it will look fine the other is a nice match. It is all like AA grade and rough sawn. I'm putting it through my sander To see how it all looks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: my wood buy in india

Post by   »

How are the prices compared to what you'd pay in the U.S.??
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Nice stuff Kevin. Looks like a lot of building in the future:)
Tim Benware
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

I paid $180 plus shipping from Bombay to Goa for all that. I figured I saved about $235 over purchasing it from LMI with sales tax and shipping.
I got it all sanded, and cut the bridge blanks. The EIR bridge blanks are very nice. The ebony bridge blanks are almost all solid black but a little thinner at around 7/16" sanded. The EIR fretboards are nice and colorful with wide grain...I like that. The ebony fretboards have some brown spots and streaking. I think two are almost solid black. Really happy with one of the sets, the other sides and backs don't match as well.
I was happy to get it. The really over charged me on the shipping. I only build about one guitar a year so this is helping me build up my stash so when I retire I all ready have supplies to last awhile. :)

Kevin
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Quite the haul!