radius contour

rienk

Re: radius contour

Post by rienk »

The above math is awesome.
But anyone with access to CAD sofware can provide a profile of the various radii used for guitar making. I've already done it for the standards (15, 20, 25, 50). If there is a place to post such files, I would be glad to upload it for anyone to use. I might even be pursuaded to convert it to a PDF so that anyone can print a full size version of them to use as a template

(make sure your printer is calibrated, and you print 1 to 1).
Haggis

Post by Haggis »

rienk wrote:The above math is awesome.
But anyone with access to CAD sofware can provide a profile of the various radii used for guitar making. I've already done it for the standards (15, 20, 25, 50). If there is a place to post such files, I would be glad to upload it for anyone to use. I might even be pursuaded to convert it to a PDF so that anyone can print a full size version of them to use as a template

(make sure your printer is calibrated, and you print 1 to 1).

yes that´d be a good idea.

häggis
rienk

Post by rienk »

I finally got around to drawing up these radii in a format that might be usable for everyone.
I have attached the file in both DFX and PDF.

The drawing is of the four main radii (15', 20', 25', 50') each inside separate 2" by 24" boxes. Even if all you have is ledger size paper (11"x17") you should be able to print out at least half of the file, and be able to make a sanding block from them, by mirroring the file (or printing two copies and overlapping them).

If there is a specific radius you need, let me know, and I'll see if I can get to it (please forgive me if I don't respond right away... I only check this forum every week or so).

If there is a better place to put these files, I'll leave that up to the moderator(s).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rienk

Post by rienk »

Looks like the forum won't let me attach a DXF file.
I guess anyone wanting that version will have to PM me.

Post by   »

It's not a permissions issue. As far as I can see, the forum application is unable to recognize dxf files. Perhaps someone with dxf to pdf converter software can help us out here.

-tommy
rienk

Post by rienk »

tommyboy wrote:It's not a permissions issue. As far as I can see, the forum application is unable to recognize dxf files. Perhaps someone with dxf to pdf converter software can help us out here.
-tommy
The PDF's I posted are the same as the DXF I was trying to upload - which will work for anyone who just needs to print out a paper template. Of course, I decided to limit it to 11"x17" paper, because anyone with access to large format printing probably has access to CAD software, and should be able to quickly draw out their own files. But if you're lazy like me and would like to get the file, just PM. The drawings are free, but shipping and handling cost $3... hit the 'donate' button above to make your (voluntary) payment.

Just kidding... I'll send them for nothing, but a donation would probably be appreciated :)
rienk

Post by rienk »

I was able to upload it as a ZIP file - so anyone who wants the DXF can now get it from within that archive file.
Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.