A nice wood.....

Kevin Sjostrand

A nice wood.....

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

I scored this nice set of Osage Orange from the Zootman on Ebay. I've read that it might rival BR for tonal qualities, although it doesn't look anything like it. I'll be anxious to use it. Might try it on my next build, OM nylon crossover.

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hummingbird

Re: A nice wood.....

Post by hummingbird »

Cool. Does that stuff keep it's colour over time?
Alain
Kevin Sjostrand

I believe the US osage oxidizes to a brownish color. This is south american, and supposidly it does not oxidize. I expect it will darken some. I hope to see more pictures of guitars made with it that have been around for awhile and see what they look like.

Kevin
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

Nice score!!! I want to experiment with OO one day. I didn't realize Zootman now had some in stock (out every time I've ever chaecked).
Slacker......
Kevin Sjostrand

He has had it on his site for about 3 weeks or so, and been putting one set at a time up on Ebay. They are going for about half there.
Thanks Bob for putting these nice sets up for auction...it makes it fun to buy too!

Kevin
Herman

Post by Herman »

Niiiiiice Kevin. That will make a special appearence to a guitar.Shame shipping to Holland is so expensive.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

it is a great tone wood , a bit on the heavy side but it makes a good sounding guitar
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com