Not a kit, a build on the Dark Side

Freeman

Re: Not a kit, a build on the Dark Side

Post by Freeman »

Jim_H wrote:Freeman,

Stewmac no longer carries the plans, presumably because the 'patent holder' asked them to stop. I think LMI still has them, so I'll grab a set from there.

There are other les paul plans available online too. I don't have a les paul build in my immediate future, but it's definitely on the bucket list in the 'luthiery' section.

I just checked out your build thread over at HC. I love it. really amazing work.

And I didn't realize you were in WA. I live over in Bothell, north of Seattle. If you are ever in the neighborhood, give me a shout!
As long as something is not available I don't feel too bad making a copy for someone. And I have seen some other plans - I found one which was kind of a contour map for routing the top.

I get to the Wet Side from time to time - at least every 3 years for GAL. I would also offer that if you come to the dry side (we're 12 miles from Mission Ridge, L'worth and all the other fun stuff) please give me a call too. I am in the book - been pretty infrequent on this forum however.

deadedith wrote:How would you describe the sound of the Parson PAF's?
I'm sorry, I have nothing to compare with other than to say that it sounds like a Les Paul (a opposed to a Tele or Strat or a Martin). This is my first and only electric, I even had to buy an amp (found a nice old Gibson tube amp - seems to work fine). I've also got a rather steep learning curve - my current style is fingerpicking with lots of blues -I almost never play with a pick and I won't say I'm lost above the 5th fret but I sure don't regularly play up there.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

Checked out that other thread on the Harmony site. I liked the thread You did a nice job of documenting the process.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hey Freeman, she looks GRAND! Nice work.
That is a bit scary, you building an electric! What's come over you?

Kevin