Go Bar Rods

Trade, Swap, Sell, Give away
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Go Bar Rods

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

That's it Ed, steal them right from under my nose. Just kidding of course.
I'd like to get them but I need to steer the $$ in another direction.
David L

Post by David L »

Yes Ed they are still available.

Thanks,
David
David L

Post by David L »

No longer available, I decided to keep them.

David L
JLT

Post by JLT »

I don't know if I've posted this before, but I've found suitable go-rod bars at some of my local thrift stores. They're the fiberglass rods used for dome tent frames, and some of these tents are so worn out that they're sold for cheap.

You go to the hardware store where they sell little rubber caps for them (the kind used to cover the protruding parts of bolts in an assembly), slip them onto the ends of the rod, and you're good to go-bar.
David L

Post by David L »

That sounds like a good idea. A couple of things to keep in mind: Cutting fiberglass rods throws a lot of fiberglass dust in the air. A good vacuum filtration system is a must for this process. Even if you wear a dust mask the stuff still gets everywhere, on everything in your shop, in your clothes, in your hair, etc... It goes without saying that breathing this stuff is not a good thing. The other thing to consider is the diameter of the rods. Some people go to the big box stores and buy those driveway markers and I guess people have been successful with them but I find that they are larger in diameter and apply more pressure than I like.

David L