Including pictures within the text area of a post

Ask questions about the phpBB forum software. Any questions on the use of the new forum software can be asked here.
Rag Thumb

Including pictures within the text area of a post

Post by Rag Thumb »

How do I get photos to appear within the body of text rather than as attachments. I see many others accomplishing this but I haven't come upon the secret to making it work for me.
------------

Rex
Skarsaune

Re: Including pictures within the text area of a post

Post by Skarsaune »

When you're making a post - there's the area at the bottom where you choose a file to attach.
Browse to your file.
Hit Add to upload the file.
Once the file is uploaded, right next to the file name, there is a button labeled "Place Inline".
Put your cursor in the text box where you want the picture inserted, then click that button.

Hope this helps.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

send me the photos They should just load in with the browse and add feature
I want to see those I think that is a great design
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Rag Thumb wrote:How do I get photos to appear within the body of text rather than as attachments. I see many others accomplishing this but I haven't come upon the secret to making it work for me.
1. Click "choose file", which is under the text area of the post. . Make sure your photo is in jpeg format and at least 840 pixels in length. I make mine at least 1000 pixels on the longest side.

2. After choosing your photo, make sure you click "add file", which will be to the right. I'll be uploaded.

3. You'll see a Dropbox to add each photo in line, where you want it. Just put the cursor where you want your photo to appear, choose the photo from the drop down box, and click "add inline".
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com