Private Messaging

Ask questions about the phpBB forum software. Any questions on the use of the new forum software can be asked here.
seanbig

Private Messaging

Post by seanbig »

You all should have a mail box that allows you to send members private messages. It's like email, but for users on the forum.

You can access your inbox by clicking the "# new messages" link in the top left of the screen next to the "Logout" link.

You can also access your inbox by clicking "User Control Panel" in the top right then clicking "Private Messages" under Options.

Another way to private message someone would be to click their username to view their profile. In their profile you can find a PM button Image / Image. This will open your inbox as well.
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net
Bigger Room Productions - Web Design for any size project.

When You're Workin' on Somethin' Good
You're Gonna Need a Bigger Room
naccoachbob

Re: Private Messaging

Post by naccoachbob »

Sean, how do you delete pm's?
There are some I'd just as soon delete as they're not appropriate now.
Thanks,
Bob
darren

Post by darren »

until Sean has an update,

1. go to your Private Message Rules, folders & settings page.
2. Add a folder.
3. Move the messages you don't want into the new folder.
4. Delete the new folder, (check the box 'Delete all messages within removed folder')

It is certainly not ideal but is a short term workaround to the issue.
Darren
seanbig

Post by seanbig »

I am looking into this right now.
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net

seanbig

Post by seanbig »

You should now be able to delete private messages by using the dropdown menu in the bottom right of your inbox.
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net

seanbig

Post by seanbig »

tommyboy,

Are you having trouble deleting messages in your inbox?
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net

Post by   »

No, Sean, I'm not having a problem with that. I submitted a post and afterwards found the answer to my question. I intended to delete my post but after discovering I could not, I edited my post to be a request for a Moderator to delete the post. Thanks.

tb
seanbig

Post by seanbig »

Okay, cool. That's what I thought could have been the case, but then I read some posts and they were about deleting PM's so I wanted to make sure.

I will get rid of that post.
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net

OldManGuitarGuy

Post by OldManGuitarGuy »

seanbig wrote:You all should have a mail box that allows you to send members private messages. It's like email, but for users on the forum.

You can access your inbox by clicking the "# new messages" link in the top left of the screen next to the "Logout" link.

You can also access your inbox by clicking "User Control Panel" in the top right then clicking "Private Messages" under Options.

Another way to private message someone would be to click their username to view their profile. In their profile you can find a PM button Image / Image. This will open your inbox as well.
I am a new member, just registered yesterday actually.
I cannot read a Private Message someone sent me. I received an email notifying me I have a PM, and when I go to the Kitguitarforum.com site it notified me I have "1 private message", but when I click on that, I am told I am not "authorized". I also tried getting to my PM "Inbox" and clicking there, but got the same results. I was able to get a PM blank message page so I could send a PM, but I have not tried that.

Any suggestions?
OldManGuitarGuy

Post by OldManGuitarGuy »

seanbig wrote:You all should have a mail box that allows you to send members private messages. It's like email, but for users on the forum.

I posted another questions a minute ago. I then went to my User Control to see if I could find anything else to try. I found a page on "Folder Options" and checked "Move to <Inbox>" so maybe that will help? The default check was in the "Do not accept new messages......". However I think those options only apply when the PM folder is full?

LATER.....I am getting PM's, so I can only conclude the action I took above is what made it possible.
Last edited by OldManGuitarGuy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.