Logging into the new forum

Ask questions about the phpBB forum software. Any questions on the use of the new forum software can be asked here.
Kevin Sjostrand

Logging into the new forum

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hi Sean,
I was not able to log into the new forum with my old username and password, so I created a new one.
It may not matter, but is there a way to fix it so my old login works? Just wondering

Kevin
Ken C

Re: Logging into the new forum

Post by Ken C »

Hi Kevin,

I was able to get in with my old username and password, but the visible userID is no longer Ken C. If Sean and company can't change my id back to the old one, I may just create a new log in as well.

Ken C
seanbig

Post by seanbig »

Kevin Sjostrand wrote:Hi Sean,
I was not able to log into the new forum with my old username and password, so I created a new one.
It may not matter, but is there a way to fix it so my old login works? Just wondering

Kevin
Kevin,

Some other people have had trouble with the "forgotten password" feature. I think I must not have gotten the email hash reverse engineered properly. The new account is fine, but I can manually go back in and get your old information working if you would like to keep your old login information.

Sean
iflyfisher wrote:Hi Kevin,

I was able to get in with my old username and password, but the visible userID is no longer Ken C. If Sean and company can't change my id back to the old one, I may just create a new log in as well.

Ken C
Ken,

You are more than welcome to create a new account. You are right the display name is your username and this cannot be changed. So if you want to change your display name you must create a new account.

Are you Ken Cierpilowski of Kenneth Michael Guitars or is everyone around here named Ken C!?

Sean

Update: I rehashed all he email addresses and you should now be able to reset your passwords using the "I forgot my password" link on the login screen.
Last edited by seanbig on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net
Bigger Room Productions - Web Design for any size project.

When You're Workin' on Somethin' Good
You're Gonna Need a Bigger Room
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Sean,

No, I am not Ken Cierp. I am Ken Casper. When I registered initially I didn't realize there were so many Ken's on the forum or I probably would have changed!

If I re-register, I presume there is a posting count that will get reset?

Ken
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Sean,
I tried using the "forgot password", and it doesn't recognize my old username, or my email address. I don't mind using the new username, but it would be nice if it showed my original member date, and posting info.
Can you look that up and reset it?
Thanks
Kevin
seanbig

Post by seanbig »

Kevin Sjostrand wrote:Sean,
I tried using the "forgot password", and it doesn't recognize my old username, or my email address. I don't mind using the new username, but it would be nice if it showed my original member date, and posting info.
Can you look that up and reset it?
Thanks
Kevin
Kevin,

I will look this up tomorrow evening to see if I can't reset things.

Sean
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net
Bigger Room Productions - Web Design for any size project.

When You're Workin' on Somethin' Good
You're Gonna Need a Bigger Room