John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Diane K

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Oh my. Well thank you John for letting us know.
I will say a pray for them.
JLT

Post by JLT »

Sorry to hear about this, Diane. Know that we're all pulling for your husband and yourself. And keep us informed, as soon as it's right for you.
jread

Post by jread »

Diane is the best. Get well soon. I can't properly express my appreciation for how much you have taught me.
nkwak

Post by nkwak »

I will certainly say a prayer for Diane’s husband and wish them both peace of mind in these truly trying times. She and her husband have been wonderfully helpful and patient with me through my many “side projects.” This world needs more people like that in it right now.
~ Neil
Morecowbell

Post by Morecowbell »

John, thank you for posting this. I've been away from the forum for a bit and am just catching up. Diane is the best, I join the group in wishing Frank a speedy recovery.

Clay
"Facts seldom sway an opinion." - John Hall
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference." - Van de Snepscheut
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

been busy but Diane as part of our KGF family
she really does appreciate these posts
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Rag Thumb

Post by Rag Thumb »

I've been away from the forum for a while also and hated to hear about Diane's husband. Diane I truly hope things are improving.

You are a very giving person and I for one truly appreciate what you contribute to this forum.
------------

Rex
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi guys,

I'm so sorry I've not checked in. You have no idea how much Frank and I appreciate your blessings and good thoughts.

Frank had a stroke on September 19, 3 days after his birthday. We're lucky that it only affected him on the left side, from the shoulder down. It didn't affect his speech, face, etc. However, it was bad enough that his 2 doctors wanted to put him into a rehab center. His left arm and leg were pretty useless.

I refused, so I had 2 pretty upset doctors. There was no way on God's green Earth, I would put him in a facility. Between COVID-19 and the fact that I wouldn't be allowed in, to ensure he was cared for properly, there is no way I would allow him to be in any facility.

Thank God for the VA. I arranged for a hospital bed, commode, and specialty equipment to be installed in our living room. I also arranged for nursing, occupational therapy, and physical therapy, all in home. So, when the ambulance brought him home, I was ready.

We had a scare a few days after he came home from the hospital. He had all of the symptoms of COVID-19. The VA arranged for me to get him to the local urgent care, where the nurse and doctor treated him in our car. Paramedics came to get him down the steps and into the car, then back into the house.

He tested negative. He had bronchitis.

I'm happy to report that he's making extremely good progress. He was a total invalid. Now, he was able to go down the front steps (we have a high porch), to get into the car for a drive a couple of days ago. He's starting to dress himself and he walks with the walker. We're working on stamina. His therapists are amazed at his progress.

That pretty much updates you. I'm his sole caregiver, so it's been tough, time consuming, and very tiring.

I'm going to try to get busy on the forum.

Thank you again. You guys are the best!

Diane Kauffmann
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

glad that things are starting to get better
one day at a time and do take care of yourself
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc