comet NEOWISE

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Diane Kauffmds

comet NEOWISE

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

We finally had clear weather Saturday night and I was able to recover NEOWISE in my binoculars. Unfortunately, I live in the city. The light pollution makes photography nearly impossible.

NEOWISE isn't super bright, but from a dark location, you should see it as a fuzzy star. Unfortunately, there were no reference stars bright enough for me to center it in my camera. My telescope is at a dark site, with a friend, so I didn't have access. The best I could do was estimate where to shoot the camera.

If you look to the left in the top photo, you'll see a cluster of stars in the shape of a coat hanger. This is called the Coat Hanger Cluster (really. Lol)

I got the comet, but the photos aren't very good. I might try again.
PicsArt_07-27-02.32.37.jpg
PicsArt_07-27-02.34.09.jpg
PicsArt_07-27-02.34.35.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
mjmeehan

Re: comet NEOWISE

Post by mjmeehan »

Thanks for those pics, I think they look great!
I tried several times to see it but the conditions never seemed to work out.
- Side note, when I was much younger I sold greeting cards door to door in order to buy a telescope to help see Halley's Comet and have been hooked on astronomy ever since. With A LOT of luck I may see it again!
Diane Kauffmds

Re: comet NEOWISE

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I got my 8" dobsonian telescope in 1996, when Hale-Bopp was visible. I've owned many since, including an ad hoc computerized system that I put together. I've sold them all, except for that original 8" dob.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com