You've Been Mooned!

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Diane Kauffmds

Re: You've Been Mooned!

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

This isn't astronomy, but it is a sky phenomenon. I like to photograph lightning. It's hard to catch. On average, I take ~2000 photos to capture something I can keep.

This night was unusual. We had a power outage (not unusual), but the lightning was coming from the storm that was still in Columbus, Ohio, 92 miles away, so there was no thunder, just a tremendous amount of lightning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

That's a lovely shot too. Most of my photographs are of things in the universe that have feathers or fur, here if you are interested (galleries a work in progress, with one on guitars contemplated . . . ) Bruce W.

https://strayfeathersphotography.smugmug.com
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

Whoa! Your lightning shots are stunning! You slipped them in just as I was posting a reply to your earlier offering. We don't get a lot of lightning on Vancouver Island, so I don't get many opportunities to try for shots like yours, but they are an inspiration! BW
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

Revisiting this thread on sky phenomena: I spent some time in the rural area north of our town looking for a good place to photograph Comet Neowise. Here's a first effort. I am the most casual of astronomers - the last comet I photographed was Comet West in 1976. Time marches on . . . Bruce W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

Utterly gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
peter havriluk
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

unfortunately, the weather won't cooperate for me to photograph NEOWISE. I'm hoping for some clear sky soon after sunset. Thanks for posting.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Stray Feathers wrote:That's a lovely shot too. Most of my photographs are of things in the universe that have feathers or fur, here if you are interested (galleries a work in progress, with one on guitars contemplated . . . ) Bruce W.

https://strayfeathersphotography.smugmug.com
beautiful photos
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Along with sky phenomenon, I like to capture other nature in photos. Here are a couple of them.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Another type of photography that I like is super macro. I have a converter lens for the front of the camera lens, to photograph small things.

I've photographed snow flakes and microscope slides (not through the microscope).
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars