Decluttering ideas for wall mounted TV over a mantle?

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
nkwak

Decluttering ideas for wall mounted TV over a mantle?

Post by nkwak »

My wife bought us a new 55" 4K Smart HD TV for Christmas and I have to figure out how to hide the wires. I've opted to move from a corner mount to placing it above the fireplace. Here's the current mess:

Long story short, I only need two wires (HDMI and an extension cord) to run up to the TV, 3 (2 HDMI & power cord) if I want to hook up some sort of way to play DVD/Bluerays. I have two HDMI cords and a white extension chord. My biggest concern is for finding a way to conceal the wires running up the side of the mantle. Punching holes in the wall is not desirable because these are external walls with insulation and a vapor barrier - plus it's against code to run an extension cord through a wall.

I have some ideas but am curious to hear what you all would do?
~ Neil
carld05

Re: Decluttering ideas for wall mounted TV over a mantle?

Post by carld05 »

Neil, I was in the electrical section of Lowes the other day. They had a bay devoted to cable control which had several decorative systems for covering up the cables. You might find a solution there.
MaineGeezer

Re: Decluttering ideas for wall mounted TV over a mantle?

Post by MaineGeezer »

You could, with sufficient effort, run the wires in the wall. If you're not willing to go to that trouble and expense (you'd most likely want to hire an electrician), the next-best solution is probably Wiremold surface wiring raceways, or equivalent. https://www.legrand.us/wire-cable-manag ... eways.aspx
There are several brands in addition to Wiremold Any of them would probably work, some may be more attractive than others.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion