Why guitars don't get built

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Morecowbell

Re: Why guitars don't get built

Post by Morecowbell »

Good to know I'm not alone!! My Kipawa, destined for the Boundary Waters next summer, seats in process. ....and a '62 bug that somehow followed me home, needs a little work :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Facts seldom sway an opinion." - John Hall
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference." - Van de Snepscheut
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I WANT THE BUG!!!!

I had a '68 Bug that my husband and I rebuilt in 1988. Unfortunately, I sold it prior to moving back to Ohio from Florida in 1991. I wish I had never sold it. I love old Bugs!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Morecowbell

Post by Morecowbell »

I had a '61 in college, drove it back and forth, 7 hour trips, thought nothing of scraping the ice off the inside of the windshield in the winter and jump starting it at rest stops if it wouldn't catch (park in area with few cars so you can do this if necessary - ignition on, open door, push, jump in, put it in 2nd and pop the clutch, vrrooom). Its very original but needs a bunch of metal work, however I'm finally learning to do that and its fun. There's also a local VW mafia which is very helpful. Original turquoise sunroof car, plan is to restore everything but the exterior, will leave that crunchy.
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference." - Van de Snepscheut
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Just found this thread, I'll bite...Spent most of one summer rebuild this after someone hit and ran me, guess the wind blew away their note telling me WTF happened....

Found something else to make with the wood too small/short for another guitar build....

Spent another summer building the shop I now have for build guitars or anything else... a few pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

more pics...
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

I'm impressed that you know how to fix cars. I used to tune twin SU carbs by ear but those days are long gone. Repairs are mostly done by someone else. And your woodwork is beautiful. But most of all, what a great shop! I won't be showing you mine, which doubles as a picture framing assembly shop, and is a real challenge to do anything in. The framing business is for sale, so we're hoping to have more room in the not too distant future.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

used to work on cars love the pics
keep busy you stay young
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Morecowbell

Post by Morecowbell »

+1 for classic cars!

And please more pics of that workbench :-)
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

To the request for more pics of workbench….
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

A few more shop pics, one of the workbench just outside the shop on a 6'x12' deck---nice to be able to do some of the big dust creating things outside...like the frick'in chop saw, what a dust generator.