The beauty of winter

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Mal-2

Re: The beauty of winter

Post by Mal-2 »

For the lunar eclipse, my photography was merely adequate. Most of the magic happened when I centered and stacked the frames into an animation.

Lens manufacturers like Rokinon, Tokina, Vivitar, etc. like to make as many mounts as they possibly can, which means sometimes these generally second-tier brands are not just the cheap option -- sometimes they're the only option. If you can swap lenses at all, chances are good that at least one manufacturer will take a shot at your mount. If you have a Canon EF-S mount, so much the better. Pretty much everyone makes EF-S lenses.

My macro photography is all on film that has never been scanned, so I'm afraid I have nothing to post. :(

I don't think what you did with the caterpillar was cheating, it was a modeling contract. You bought him lunch, he let you take pictures. :)
Diane Kauffmds

Re: The beauty of winter

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Mal-2 wrote:For the lunar eclipse, my photography was merely adequate. Most of the magic happened when I centered and stacked the frames into an animation.

Lens manufacturers like Rokinon, Tokina, Vivitar, etc. like to make as many mounts as they possibly can, which means sometimes these generally second-tier brands are not just the cheap option -- sometimes they're the only option. If you can swap lenses at all, chances are good that at least one manufacturer will take a shot at your mount. If you have a Canon EF-S mount, so much the better. Pretty much everyone makes EF-S lenses.

My macro photography is all on film that has never been scanned, so I'm afraid I have nothing to post. :(

I don't think what you did with the caterpillar was cheating, it was a modeling contract. You bought him lunch, he let you take pictures. :)
Haha! Yes, he got lunch. The canon is a point and shoot camera with a fixed lens. It had 42x optical zoom. The lens extended and contracted within the camera. I was able to use the Raynox super macro converter, because it clamped onto the front Canon lens. With extending the Canon lens, with the Raynox attached, enabled the camera to take super macro photos, even of a microscope slide.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com