www.KitGuitarsForum.com

Learn to Kit Build a Guitar. Learn to Scratch Build a Guitar. Learn EVERYTHING Guitars Here!
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 pm 

We're barely on the edge of the 90% totality area. I got the photo with my Canon Powershot and a solar filter from my telescope. So, this was totality in Parkersburg, WV a half an hour ago.

Attachment:
totality for internet.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 pm 

Nice! We had 80%. This one about 15 mins ago.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:47 pm 

Awesome pictures! I was just on the edge of totality here in St. Charles (st Louis), so I drove 20 miles south, to a beautiful little fishing lake and viewed the total eclipse. Most spectacular, especially the exact moment when it was over. A blazing explosion of a tiny bright pinpoint of the brightest purest light. I'll probably be blind soon. I was actually fishing, and when the sun was finally totally obscured, the fish started jumping everywhere. Stunning event.

Karl B

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:40 am 

we were in the 70% range
that goodness I didn't go south. My friend lives in Columbia SC traffic is at a standstill .

Board of Directors of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:05 am 

We were in Grand Island, Nebraska with 100% totality. It was stunning, unlike anything I've ever seen. A friend, who is far more eloquent that I, described it this way:

"It is mind-bogglingly beautiful, the change from partial to totality so dramatic that it takes your breath away, like slipping into the deep end of a dark still pool. The Sun looked so immense all of a sudden, you want to reach out and pluck the black pearl of the Moon from the sky, the corona glowing with a surreal blue-white light in a huge aura of purple. We saw Venus and Mars and Regulus immediately alight, poking their heads out to say hello, and a bat swooped in for a visit overhead. It was a twilight like no other, with a quality to the air you can't quite describe that is somehow alien and unearthly and yet peaceful and stunning. We gasped and squealed and grinned like idiots and cried a little and everyone present knew, at last, why people go so crazy for just two minutes of such heart-stopping brilliance."