Interesting Chip Vacuum

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Darryl Young

Interesting Chip Vacuum

Post by Darryl Young »

Howdy, everyone! Been away a long time but thought I would say hello and give you a link to an interesting chip vacuum. It runs off compressed air instead of an electrical motor. See what you think (I've never seen it in person, just thought it was interesting).

http://www.exair.com/en-US/Primary%20Na ... 0Home.aspx

Have a great day,
Darryl Young
Slacker......
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Interesting Chip Vacuum

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Well hey Darryl. It has been a long time. You doing okay?
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

I notice it doesn't say (at least I couldn't find) how many CFM of air it uses, at 90psi. I suspect it's "a lot" and for anybody without an already-existing, industrial-level, essentially infinite supply of 90psi compressed air, my guess is it would be far cheaper and more satisfactory to buy a regular shop vac.

Of course, if you do have a factory with compressed air lines all over the place backed up by a monster compressor, an air-powered vac may make a lot of sense.

It reminds me a bit of the vortex tube cold air guns. (Look up Hilsch vortex tube.) They are a neat way to get chilled air, but they consume an huge quantity of compressed air doing it.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

Found the spec: 40 CFM @ 80 PSI. That's a lot of compressed air!
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

I have that kind of air PSI available, but not that kind of $. Expensive stuff. Not sure where it would be better than vacuums. They say it saves on impeller wear, but I've had many vacuum systems and never worn out an impeller!
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

Kevin, I've been doing well. Get an infusion every week but it's not bad at all. Just try to take care of my lungs. Thanks for asking!

I trust you are doing well?

Darryl
Slacker......