Went up to Nazareth

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Danl8

Went up to Nazareth

Post by Danl8 »

Took the day off to make a pilgrimage. Sales are off some and hours have been cut, but those there were hard at work. It was a wet cold day and I got there early. Had the museum to myself for an hour. Here are a few pix from the visit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danl8

Re: Went up to Nazareth

Post by Danl8 »

A few more pictures...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

96 tours for me I want to do 100 in 2017
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

tippie53 wrote:96 tours for me I want to do 100 in 2017
:-) The one true benefit of living in eastern PA. At three per year, I will be as old as Moses before I catch up to your record.

We should have a kitguitarsforum members private tour to celebrate your 100th.
thronson

Post by thronson »

Thanks for the photos... being on the west coast, its unlikely i will visit Nazareth and the Martin workshop. These are great close ups... T
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

thanks -- here are a few more...

I think these are a bending station, the plek machine and more detail of one above (reverse order).
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

...and more...

first is the joining station (see the light strip on the examination table) and more from the museum.
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

The quality of the tour depends mightily on the guide's experience and skill. My behind-the-scenes shop tour in March was shockingly superficial and uninformative. Nice to get a hat.
peter havriluk
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

phavriluk wrote:The quality of the tour depends mightily on the guide's experience and skill. My behind-the-scenes shop tour in March was shockingly superficial and uninformative. Nice to get a hat.
The guides' knowledge varies. I don't really listen much to them, but get more out of the side conversations with the employees and direct observation of various operations. This week's guide was a forty-year Martin retiree who wasn't a luthier, but he did relate some interesting stories about the company. A more in-depth tour can be booked (fee for that?). I've had a half day private tour that was sufficiently informative and detailed compared to the free public tours. Another hard to get opportunity is the onsite annual evening with Chris Martin where they open the factory floor for self-guided tours -- which for me was a fantastic experience.
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

More pictures. The third is for Kevin showing another view of the No. 6. Others are in-process boxes.