WARNING!!!!NITRO LACQUER KILLS BRAIN CELLS!!!!

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Tony_in_NYC

WARNING!!!!NITRO LACQUER KILLS BRAIN CELLS!!!!

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Ti must be the exposure to nitro lacquer that cause this and so I wanted to warn people of the dangers of nitro lacquer by relaying the following story.
The family and I got in the car today to run some errands and take the kids out for a bit of fun as well. I stopped to get coffee and on my way in a homeless man asked me for some change. I said maybe on the way out. While getting my coffee, I spilled some sticky, non-dairy creamer on my hand. I removed my wedding ring to wash my hands, putting my ring in my back pocket. What follows is a series of events that nearly caused me to have a heart attack:
I paid for my goods and walked out of the store.
Homeless guy asked me for change which I promptly gave to him.
I got in my car and left the store parking lot.
My heart stopped because I realized I had given my ring to Mr. Less, first name, Home.
I whip an illegal u-turn and rush back to the store.
Homeless dude says he does not know if I gave him a ring but he will check.
He has my ring.
He gives it back.
My hear starts to beat again.
Wife laughs hysterically at me for being so soft in the head.
I laugh too.
Life is OK again.
You may all laugh now too.
deadedith

Re: WARNING!!!!NITRO LACQUER KILLS BRAIN CELLS!!!!

Post by deadedith »

I am laughing. Thanks.
I too wish to share something.....odd. It happened Friday night. The wife and I were watching "Case 39" - a creepy film starring Renee Zelwegger. (Spell checker went crazy on that one :-0) In the movie - and here there be spoilers if you have not seen it - a little girl is able, when she knows what your deepest fears are, to make them come true - to you only, no external evidence - even from a great distance. She is purely evil and acts purely innocent.
Renee is a social worker and has a good male friend who also is a counselor. He begins to suspect the girl for various bad things; she wheedles out of him his biggest fear - he had put his hand into a hornet's next when he was a kid and got stung real bad and was still afraid of hornets.
Okay, here's what happened. In the movie, there is a really tense scene where the guy, at home alone, pulls a hornet out of his ear. Then a couple land on his shoulder. He freaks. Some come out of his mouth, his eye, then a whole swarm, you get the picture. He is going absolutely wild and something smacks me in the shoulder. I'm thinking big moth, though it is very cold here in Oregon, not the time of year for bugs. My wife Ronda looks at me and says "what?" and I say, 'something just flew into my shoulder' - there is much screaming on the tv - I look down at my arm and I swear to the deity - there was a hornet crawling on my sleeve!!! In Oregon. In the winter. In the house. At the same time as the movie scene. I am not afraid of bugs, but I was and still am a little FREAKED OUT. I don't know how to figure the odds on this. I don't need counseling or anything, but we do not see hornets here in wintertime, or maybe a sluggish one in the barn around May.
Totally Weird. And my cat has been staring at me too. :-)
DaveB
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Thats a creepy story Dave. Did I mention I gave my wedding ring to a homeless guy while my wife was sitting in the car? Talk about scary!!
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Tony_in_NYC wrote:Thats a creepy story Dave. Did I mention I gave my wedding ring to a homeless guy while my wife was sitting in the car? Talk about scary!!
Good thing your wife can't fit in your pocket!!
Tim Benware
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Good thing your wife can't fit in your pocket!!

That was an excellent rejoinder!!

DaveB
or should I say: DaveBee?
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

Lacquer
Cheaper than beer and you don't need to pee .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com