Isabella and Max

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Diane Kauffmds

Isabella and Max

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

We decided a week ago, to buy 2 of the puppies, since GSD's do much better in pairs. They had one puppy left, a male, that we named Max.

Unlike thinking in the past, Vets like to wait 18-24 months before neutering dogs. The hormones help to strengthen bones and joints, as well as musculature. I'm going to discuss breeding prevention with the Vet when I take them for their first exam.

We picked up Isabella and her brother Max yesterday. Their Momma, Alley, has totally weaned them and stays away from them now, so the breeder called me and said that they were ready and needed to get into their homes as soon as possible, so that they would bond with their new owners. So, we picked them up and since they were outside of Ravenswood, we stopped by Randy's to show him and give them a break from the car. They've never been in the car, in fact, they've really not in the sun very much. They weren't even allowed in the grass until they had their first shots, to make sure that they didn't get sick. The breeders are very concerned about health and care of their dogs, which is why we ended up going to a bonified breeder.

2016-05-09 11.30.11.jpg
2016-05-09 11.29.52.jpg
2016-05-09 11.29.31.jpg
They made the trip home good, but their little puppy tummies had a hard time, so they threw up in the crate. We used that huge crate that we've had for many years to bring them home, for safety.

They were a bit shy in the beginning but it didn't take long for them to make themselves at home. Now they follow us everywhere. I made a noise in the kitchen and Isabella thought someone was at the front door, so she barked. LOL They run after the cats. Holly finally bapped Isabella on her nose, so I heard her yip. It didn't do any good. Bella still chases her. Parker just pretty much took it in stride, having 2 puppies following her. However last night, I think Isabella tried to nip at her, like she does to Max, so Parker smacked her nose. I heard a yip.

As you can tell, Isabella has been the rule of the roost; she's the instigator. They're both sleeping on Thor's huge bed. I woke up last night in time to watch her dragging Frank's shoe to the bed. As I was putting the shoes up, she was proudly dragging his sock over. I told Cheryl, the breeder, about this and she told me that Alley, the Mom, was a "collector". She neatly collects shoes, which she puts into a neat pile, then socks and other things, which she piles separately. I think Isabella is a collector. I've watched her picking up toys and laying them in the corner of the bed, then she collects more.

They love the grass; they roll around in it and tear at it with their teeth. They'll get used to the Sun pretty quick too.

Right now they're asleep under the blanket, on top of my feet. LOL

The first picture is Isabella; her ears are already starting to come up. The second is Max, who is much larger than Bella. They're very sweet in disposition, and not afraid of anything:

Here are photos:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Isabella and Max

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Too cute! If only they stayed Puppies!!!!
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

sweet little creatures
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Oldsoldier

Post by Oldsoldier »

Beautiful pups! Congratulations on the new members of your family.
Jerry