Isabella

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Diane Kauffmds

Isabella

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

We'll have a new member of the Kauffmann household on May 14. She was born on March 14.

I've named her Isabella "Bella" for short. She's ~5 weeks old now. I've always had rescue German Shepherds, all of them older. I wanted a younger one to be trained as a service dog. I was actually looking for one that would be about 6 months old. They're rather expensive, especially if they're going to be trained for service.

I explained my situation to a fairly local breeder and they just had a new "small" litter of 4 puppies. Their puppies usually sell for $1200 and up with limited papers, $600 for no papers, $1800 and up for full papers. They're letting me have her for $350, which is a Godsend. Her Mom is an "American" style GSD and her Dad a DDR (East German/Czech line) The American in her will calm her a bit, because DDR German Shepherds have a tendency to bounce off of the walls, but the DDR in her will give her the work drive.

Of course, all GSD's bounce off the walls until they're ~8 years old. LOL She's eating puppy mush right now. The breeder sends me photos of her every week.
These photos were taken on Monday:

The other photos are of Mom and Dad.
20160418_160211~2-480x522.jpg
20160418_160207~2-240x242.jpg
20160418_160133~2-320x279.jpg
Mommy.jpg
Daddy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Oldsoldier

Re: Isabella

Post by Oldsoldier »

A beautiful pup! Enjoy the curiosity and energy of a young pup, but don't leave any of your un-cased guitar treasures laying around for her to chew on. A few years ago my daughter brought a new Dalmatian pup into her household, and one of the first things he did was to leave a set of teeth marks on a leg of a nice mahogany chess table I had built for her. Now as this "granddog," that I have grown to love, is nearing the lifespan for a dog of his breed, I am cherishing those teeth marks that have added character and precious memories to that piece of furniture.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Oldsoldier wrote:A beautiful pup! Enjoy the curiosity and energy of a young pup, but don't leave any of your un-cased guitar treasures laying around for her to chew on. A few years ago my daughter brought a new Dalmatian pup into her household, and one of the first things he did was to leave a set of teeth marks on a leg of a nice mahogany chess table I had built for her. Now as this "granddog," that I have grown to love, is nearing the lifespan for a dog of his breed, I am cherishing those teeth marks that have added character and precious memories to that piece of furniture.
I will certainly heed your advise!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

A real cutie!!
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

love it
It is so cute I can't wait for the mischief to start
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I'll send "Puppy Puddles" your direction John. That's her nickname right now. Our Maggie was housebroken by 2 1/2 months of age, so I figure Isabella will do fine.

She'll find out that cats rule and dogs drool.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars