Support your local volunteer fire companies

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
tippie53

Support your local volunteer fire companies

Post by tippie53 »

Today was a lucky day for me. My wife and I went for lunch and on the way back we saw smoke up the valley. We were only gone about 40 minutes. There was a brush fire at my house. We burned about 5 acres. It was windy and who knows what happened.
There were 10 local fire companies that came and saved my house and shop. The fire was within 30 feet of the shop. I am lucky that I can sit in my home and type this for you. Please support your local fire companies many are doing this for free . I hope that none of you ever need to use them but if you do I pray they have the tools and equipment they need.
Thanks for letting me say this. Without them I would be in trouble if they had not come to help.
God Bless them all and thanks
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Phil

Re: Support your local volunteer fire companies

Post by Phil »

Glad to hear that your house and shop are fine! That must have been so scary. Really makes you appreciate the people who chose to help their community through firefighting.
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

Very scary and thank God that both of you and your livelihood are safe. How does something like this start?
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

That is a scare. I am glad the fire fighter were able to come in time.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

thanks
guys
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

As a career PAID law enforcement officer I have seen the training and hard work these guys/gals put in year in and year out. Honestly, most people just don't know. I donate every year to our local volunteers and consider it money well spent.
Tim Benware
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

As an ex-police officer, I can attest to the dedication of all of our first responders. But, 80% of the fire departments in this country, are manned by volunteers. They train hard, and take their jobs very seriously

They do a magnificent job, and a lot of these small departments rely on bake sales to make ends meet.

I'm glad you and yours are safe and secure John. God knows, it could have gone the other direction.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
JLT

Post by JLT »

As the cousin of one fire-fighter and brother-in-law of another, I have the greatest respect for them. Not only for their skills and courage, but for the damage they've done to their bodies in the process of fighting fires. We can't thank them enough.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

I had 8 different companies respond and will be making a donation to each and every one. What they did saved my house , and shop and my livelihood. Not to mention my cat.
The money won't be to thank them as much as to be sure they will have what they need for the next one. I was a volunteer myself from the 19070's into 1990. We never know when we need them and hope we never do.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc