Coastal NC snow!!

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
kickngas

Coastal NC snow!!

Post by kickngas »

Ironically, today is the day my kit is to be delivered, assuming UPS can navigate through the snow. Anyway, took a shot of my house covered in the white stuff; a pretty rare thing here. Of course everything is shut down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony_in_NYC

Re: Coastal NC snow!!

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Dont you have a snow blower converted from gas to electric that you can use for this? Or a plow for that yellow pick up truck?
I checked out your blog. Cool stuff!
kickngas

Post by kickngas »

With school closed today, I am staying put and playing Kinect with my 7 year old that keeps whipping me on the sports games and then talking trash....definitely my daughter! The one electric vehicles do not like is snow, they lose half their range at 32 degrees. Come on better battery technology!!
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

You need a gas powered battery warmer. LOL
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

ewwwww snowwwww echhh It looses its appeal after you shovel a few 100 tons
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
kickngas

Post by kickngas »

Great thing about snow down here is it will be gone within two days! No shoveling, just sit back and enjoy.
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

kickngas wrote:Great thing about snow down here is it will be gone within two days! No shoveling, just sit back and enjoy.
We're in like a little hole here in Creedmoor, snow all around and the precip keeps breaking up when it gets here.
Tim Benware
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

tippie53 wrote:ewwwww snowwwww echhh It looses its appeal after you shovel a few 100 tons
I know what you mean John, that's why I moved south:)
Tim Benware
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

I have a brilliant idea. If you live in snowy country, build your guitars in the snow. That way, people who love to play outdoors in freezing snowy weather - and there must be a multitude of such persons - can play safely with an instrument that will not adversely react to the environment.

Now I've just re-read that idea, and after thinking it over, it is more brilliant than I would have thought.

Thanks you, and in lieu of my patenting this idea, you may simply send me a love offering. :-)
DaveB
naccoachbob

Post by naccoachbob »

I lived in Bath, Me., for a year and a half and remember the snow in a not so friendly fashion.
When we got there, they held a town hall meeting for our crew. One man told us that there were only 3 seasons in Maine. Last winter, this winter, and next winter!
He did not lie.