Show off your shop

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Darryl Young

Re: Show off your shop

Post by Darryl Young »

Well, no more mess than pictured......but much more dust!
Slacker......
Ken Hundley

Re: Show off your shop

Post by Ken Hundley »

I actually have two shops in the winter. I have the garage, where all the truly dirty work happens....machining, sanding, spraying when possible. The bench is made from some kitchen cabinets we removed when we rehabbed the place. The cabinets were in, levelled, tops were cut, installed in about 25 minutes. Fastest thing I have ever done, I think. Ugly, but works very well in there. I actually have to do a better job of utilizing the storage space. The tools you see on the pegboard are no longer there. They looked good, but all rusted after a year, really sucked. I now have a 3 tiered roll-around craftsman tool box. Off to the right of the bench near the guitar vice is a drill press and a potbelly stove. Off to the left is my table saw, planer, home made sander, and home made router, all not shown.

20101130205511.jpg
I used to work out of my house, as did my wife. She still does, but I no longer really need an office, so it has become the indoor shop where gluing and finework is done.
P1010067.JPG
P1010068.JPG
Still not enough space.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan