Show off your shop

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
kickngas

Re: Show off your shop

Post by kickngas »

Darryl,
At least you have the room! Do you have any pics you would want to share? A friend of mine had a corrugated metal arched building and had a company spray foam insulation on the inside surfaces. Worked very well for him.
Steve
JRHall

Post by JRHall »

Darryl Young wrote:John Hall looks like a great guy......and acts like a great guy......but beware the axe hanging from the shop rafters!!! Must be for those "contraary" builds.......or something.......

Funny you should mention that axe...........
If you can't do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
kickngas

Post by kickngas »

Is that how John finally got you to leave his shop Jim?!
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Those are some nice orderly shops, well stocked with wonderful tools.
I showed off my shop in the old forum. It is still as small, and still as big, and still as messy, and even messier than before.....in other words, it is what it is, and it ain't going to get any better, but it is my second home for sure. I'm thinking of hanging a hamock from the ceiling so I don't have to sleep in the dog house.

Kevin
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

that ax handle has a story Jimmie and I had a few Glenlivits and decided that some of the fallen oak trees would make good guitar sides. We attacked that truck and the ax handle is some of the aftermath of that . I keep it around to remind me that making decisions while sipping scotch may not be a good idea.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
kickngas

Post by kickngas »

At least nobody got hurt...right? Don't answer that one on grounds of self incrimination!
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

lets just say over 50 acting 18 = areas of pain on forgets one has
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

kickngas wrote:Darryl,
At least you have the room! Do you have any pics you would want to share? A friend of mine had a corrugated metal arched building and had a company spray foam insulation on the inside surfaces. Worked very well for him.
Steve
Uhhhh.......I'll have to clean up a little before posting pics of the inside <smile> I also need to get rid of stuff in there.......saddles on a saddle rack, spare parts for my purple martin racks, some old radio controlled airplanes, etc. If I can get rid of all that it would sure help the space and let me lay everything out better. Right now I have a Delta contractor table saw, a Delta 16" drill press, a 5'x3' router table/work bench, plywood on sawhorses holding ash for a bookcase I need to assemble, a 12" disk sander, a 4"x6" belt/disk combo sander, a Jet 16-32 drum sander, a 12" Craftsman bandsaw, a Rigid 14" bandsaw, a pancake compressor, a storage cabinet, a roll around tool chest, and a nice Grizzly dust collection system that I got a great deal on at a yard sale but runs off 220V so I can't use it. And dust everywhere!!!

The blow-on insulation might could work if I could fill the gap between the wall and ceiling somehow. We are sort of torn between moving and renovating here. If we stay, I'm running power from the service pole directly to the shop and mounting an electrical panel there (with 220V). Till we make that decision, sorta stuck.
Slacker......
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Darryl,

Hard to beleive your space could be messier than mine:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

hey, it's "cozy", just like mine :-)
DaveB