Planning out future builds

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Phil

Planning out future builds

Post by Phil »

Trying to plan out my next couple builds and decide what to build. I would like to build a 000-12 fret and a GS 12 string. I decided to take a couple pics of the materials I have and run some ideas past you guys to see what you think.

Idea 1: 000-12 fret with adirondack spruce top and African mahogany. I have herringbone purfling to go with it. Unsure of the bindings I would use.

Idea 2: 000-12 fret with engleman spruce top and Indian rosewood. I have a ton of flamed maple binding which I think would look nice contrasting with the dark rosewood.

Idea 3: 12 string GS with lightly bearclawed sitka top, flamed maple sides and back, also have a nice piece of flamed maple for a laminated neck. Unsure at the moment of what colour I would apply to bring out that flamed maple. My favourite colour is blue so I am thinking of blue but with natural maple binding for contrast. A little untraditional but might look good, I don't know.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.