Some new materials and tools

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Phil

Some new materials and tools

Post by Phil »

I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks, visiting my parents. My dad is one of those that loves going to flea markets and garage sales and is always on the lookout for tools for me (I live in an area where its difficult to find good deals on used tools). So my dad had a few presents for me: a 12" Delta planer, a scroll saw, and a new-in-box mint condition Record no 4 hand plane. Can't wait to try them out.

Also while on vacation I picked up some building supplies: a couple back/side sets of mahogany, top wood, neck blanks, maple bindings, and a bunch of purfling strips. Can't wait now to get back into the shop and start building!
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Some new materials and tools

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Sweet Phil. Always nice to get new toys!!
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

The record #4 will be a great tools to use while building. I love the record I have. I had less luck making use of a planer or scroll saw.
Phil

Post by Phil »

johnnparchem wrote:The record #4 will be a great tools to use while building. I love the record I have. I had less luck making use of a planer or scroll saw.
Yeah I'm quite happy with the Record. Its in brand new condition, never used or even honed. The blade still appears to have some kind of coating on it (lacquer?).

The planer will come in handy if I build any electrics. The scroll saw might have a deep enough throat to cut out guitar tops and backs.