Like a kid on Christmas morning!

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
John J

Like a kid on Christmas morning!

Post by John J »

I feel like a kid again! I was cleaning out my garage up in the rafters when I found a box I thought I had lost forever. When I was twelve years old in 1972 I got as a gift a guitar kit. Yes they had kits way back then. Being twelve and naive I started with making the mold. Alas with no guidance and a poor selection of tools I quickly became frustrated and moved on to other pursuits. The kit sat in my parents attic for the next twenty years. I thought it was thrown out when my parents moved out and my siblings cleaned up. I don't know how but it made it to my garage (I have no recollection how). Today I found it and all parts appear to be intact and in good condition. According to the book it has a European silver spruce top and Rosewood back and sides. Rosewood fingerboard and Mahogany neck blank. Now I'll have to decide what to make!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
tippie53

Re: Like a kid on Christmas morning!

Post by tippie53 »

vintage before you start nicee
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
John J

Re: Like a kid on Christmas morning!

Post by John J »

Pictures of the top and back. I wonder what type of Rosewood would have been in a kit like this at that time. The step by step booklet is interesting. It instructs you to make a tin trough and boil the sides for at least an hour on the stovetop before quickly forcing them against the mold.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.